Acupuncture is the strategic placement of fine, sterile, single-use needles on the body to conduct and regulate Qi. Qi is the natural bioelectric energy that flows through our cells, tissues, and organs and ensures proper function. Health issues will arise when this energy is not flowing smoothly and becomes blocked. By regulating the flow of the body’s natural bioelectric energy, acupuncture can be used to treat a variety of ailments.
What Conditions are Treated with Acupuncture?
Acupuncture benefits from the NIH National Institute of Health include:
- Digestive disorders
- Infertility, Low Libido
- Menstrual Cramps
- Tennis Elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Dental Pain after surgery
- Sports injuries and Muscle imbalances
- A variety of joint and muscle aches and pains
Advance Conditions That Acupuncture can help include:
- Stomach-related: stomach pain, blockage, diarrhea, hyperacidity, and heartburn
- Emotional: tension, anxiety, sleep deprivation, depression, and neurosis
- Ear, Nose, and Throat: cataracts, gum disease, poor vision, tinnitus, and toothache
- Gynecological: infertility, menopausal side effects, and premenstrual condition
- Outer muscle: joint inflammation, back torment, muscle squeezing, muscle torment/shortcoming, neck torment
- Neurological: migraines, neurogenic bladder brokenness, Parkinson’s disease, postoperative torment, and stroke
- Respiratory: asthma, bronchitis, common cold, sinusitis, and tonsilitis
- Different Circumstances: addiction control, athletic execution, blood pressure regulation, ongoing weakness, immune system boost, and stress decrease
Is Acupuncture Painful?
Most people report a minimal amount of pain as the need is inserted. Most often, pressure or ache sensations are reported. Moreover, the location of the body and injury will also make some points more prone to sense and feeling than others. Sometimes if it is your first time, it may be more painful than subsequent treatments. It’s essential to relax and loosen your body during your acupuncture treatment. When the needle is embedded to the point, most people report feeling a sensation of muscle strain or momentary vibration.
How Does It Really Work?
Numerous studies have been done on this topic, and acupuncture has been a traditional part of Eastern Medicine for thousands of years. Our body has more than 2000 pressure points connected by energy pathways. As the practitioner inserts the need, it stimulates the body’s central nervous system. This results in biochemical changes (restoring balance) as the body produces chemicals such as serotonin and endorphins responsible for stress relief, improved mood and well-being.
Many Canadians seek acupuncture treatments for various reasons, including lower back pain, chronic pain and arthritis. It has slowly gained the recognition it deserves in the West as an effective and valid form of treatment by many Western institutions, including the NIH and John Hopkins Medicine.
Acupuncture at Soul2Sole
Based on the principles of Thai traditional healing, acupuncture works by boosting the immune system and restoring balance. At Soul2Sole Massage, you can book a stand-alone session or couple it with a massage. Call us today to speak to one of our acupuncture specialists in Edmonton or St. Albert to see how this treatment can benefit you, or book a session online. However, be sure also to know if acupuncture is covered by your insurance provider and discuss this treatment with your family doctor and physician first.
|60 min initial intake + acupuncture treatment||$85|
|45 min follow–up acupuncture treatment||$65|