Therapeutic or Deep Tissue Massage
|15 min Express head & neck massage||$30|
Traditional Thai Massage
Techniques of Thai massage consists of stretching, manipulating the body, and pressing the pressure points to bring relief from pains and aches, stiff muscles and various impediments to body movements. It is based on acupressure and the system of energy lines called “sens.”
Restoration of the energy flow of your body promotes a balance of physical and mental health. It is both energizing and relaxing.
Hot Stone Massage
Since the muscles have been warmed, the therapist does not have to use deep pressure to achieve effective results.
The sensitivity and skill of the practitioner are paramount in this unique treatment. Therapist/Owner Jel Rasri brings her years of experience to this area.
- Relief from arthritic pain
- Improved circulation and flexibility
- Fibromyalgia relief
- Release of buildup of toxins
Reflexology is the application of pressure to the feet, hands and ears with specific thumb, finger, and hand techniques.
Pressure applied to these areas and reflex points corresponds to different body organs and systems. This applied pressure has a beneficial effect on the organs and the client’s general health.
Thai Stem Massage
In Thai Herbal Stem Massage, traditional healing herbs [ginger, tamarind, lemongrass, kaffir lime, shikakai, cassia siamea, mangosteen] and oils are wrapped in unbleached cotton, then tied to a stem.
The oils and resins are steamed to release their healing properties and are then massaged over the body.
- Reduction of muscle pain and tension
- Stimulation of lymphatic system
- Improved circulation
Craniosacral therapy is a light touch method of releasing restrictions around the brain and spinal cord, aiding the body’s ability to reduce pain and dysfunction.
An effective adjunct treatment for:
- Migraine headaches
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Stress and tension-related problems
- Fibromyalgia and other connective tissue disorders
A cup is applied to the skin and the pressure in the cup is reduced by suctioning out air, so that the skin and superficial muscle layer is drawn into and held in the cup. Since the pressure is directed away from the skin and muscle tissue, there is a significant pain reduction felt by the client.
Myofascial cupping increases blood flow to affected areas, thereby increasing range of movement.
Used as treatment for:
- Sporting injuries [especially ITB Syndrome; plantar fasciitis]
- Neck and back pain [including TMJ dysfunction; sciatica]
This therapy is specifically tailored for expectant mothers to help reduce discomfort associated with pregnancy [back and neck pain] and support healthy development of the fetus.
- Increased levels of endorphins [nature’s pain reliever] and serotonin, thereby promoting a sense of well-being for mother and baby
- Alleviation of stress on weight-bearing joints
- Increased blood circulation: more nutrients are directed toward the fetus’ development
Sports massage can prevent and ease DOMS [delayed-onset muscle soreness]. It encourages the production of endorphins, the body’s natural pain reliever. Tight muscles prevent adequate blood flow. Massage will ease the muscle tension and allow for normal blood flow which will speed the body’s ability to naturally heal stressed body parts.
- Increased range of motion; flexibility
- Decrease in recovery time between workouts
- Reduced levels of lactic acid [exercise waste product]
- Prevention of injury
What is Acupuncture? Acupuncture is the strategic placement of fine, sterile, single-use needles on the body to conduct and regulate Qi. Qi is the natural bioelectric energy that flows through our cells, tissues, and organs and ensures their proper function. When this energy is not flowing smoothly, and becomes blocked, health issues will arise. By regulating the flow of the body’s natural bioelectric energy, acupuncture can be used to treat a variety of ailments. Acupuncture Benefits:
- Digestive disorders
- Infertility, Low Libido
- Sports injuries and Muscle imbalances
- A variety of joint and muscle aches and pains
|60 min initial intake + acupuncture treatment||$85|
|45 min follow–up acupuncture treatment||$65|