In Thai Stem Massage, traditional healing herbs (ginger, tamarind, lemongrass, kaffir lime, shikakai, cassia siamea, mangosteen) are wrapped in unbleached cotton, then tied into a stem.
The oils and resins are steamed to release their healing properties and massaged over the body. The benefits are that it induces deep relaxation, relieves stress and fatigue, boosts both emotional and physical well-being, and assists alignment and postural integrity of the body. It improves the circulation of blood and lymph and stimulates the internal organs.
Go with Tradition for Pain Relief
It utilizes steamed herbs packed into a compress and is applied in gentle, circular, rolling movements to specific points of the body. The herbs in question—ginger, prai, lemongrass, and turmeric— have significant positive effects on human health.
It’s placed directly on the skin, allowing the moist heat from the herbal compress to seep into the skin. In turn, it affects deep-seated muscle tension and encourages pain relief, thus promoting the body’s natural healing process.
For the skin, the cotton covering of the herbal compress and the resulting measure provides a specific cleansing and exfoliating function. It improves your health and body from the outside in. So why not enjoy the experience? Book a Thai Stem massage in Edmonton with Soul2Sole.
- Reduces muscle pain and tension
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Improves the circulation
- Benefits relaxation
- Eases muscle pressure
- Advances blood flow
- Benefits the mind
- Diminishes pressure
- Advances posture
- Decreases joint agony
- Helps energy levels
- Advances general prosperity and great wellbeing
A Thai stem massage has been around since ancient times in Thailand and is performed consistently by Herbalists and Thai Massage Practitioners. It joins Traditional Thai Massage with detached yoga-like extending, pressure point massage, and relaxation. Furthermore, it uses a damp intensity of herbal bundles.
Also known as Thai Stems, the herbal bundles are steamed to assist with letting the regular natural ointments out of the dried spices. It gives a profound, soggy intensity to alleviate pressure throughout the body.
Numerous recipes are utilized to frame Thai stems. Examples include turmeric, kaffir lime strip and leaves, lemongrass, patchouli, sweet banner, mountain midnight leaves, and camphor.
Some people accept a Thai stem massage on a Thai mat or a back rub table. When performed on the Thai mat, the herbal bundles are joined with traditional massage procedures over the top of the clothes.
When done on a massage table, the herbal bundles are utilized on the skin with oil and a blend of Swedish massage strategies with an impact from Thai massage. In this strategy, the client is draped, uncovering the region being dealt with.
- Excellent for improving circulation
- Useful as a detoxifying agent
- It helps the body and is valuable when utilized in the last part of a cold or other respiratory issues.
- Alleviates pain
- Valuable for relaxation
- Helps battle queasiness
- Excellent for skin
- Benefits wounds
- It works great as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory property
- Relieves pain
- Benefits depression and anxiety
- It helps eliminates body odor
- Aids bloating and digestion
- Excellent for coughs, aches, and discomfort
- Benefits sinuses and the nose
- Boosts the immune system
- Relieves pain and muscle discomfort
- Benefits abdominal distress
- Aids in recovering from colds and flu
- Benefits immune system
- Prevents body odor
- Relieves bloating and digestion
- Helps with sleep issues and insomnia
- Benefits painful joints
- Great for skin and helping scars
- It benefits a person’s overall mood
- Induces relaxation
- It has excellent tonic properties
- Benefits the skin
- It helps bring out the properties and use of herbs, allowing them to get deeper into the body.
- It benefits the mind and body, giving a refreshing scent
- Improves circulation and blood flow throughout the body
- Relieves pain throughout the body
- Great anti-inflammatory property, aiding in swelling and other issues
How to Prepare for a Thai Stem Massage
- Wear comfortable clothing with dark tones (light tones might stain from turmeric and other bright spices). Consider something you can move openly in, similar to stockings, yoga jeans, leggings, or shorts. Also, consider a lightweight top like a tank top.
- Remember not to wear any jewelry. If it’s not too much trouble, eliminate all jewelry before the treatment starts.
- Don’t wear any lotion or oil-based items, particularly on your hands and feet.
- Eat light. Try not to eat a solemn feast before getting any Thai Massage, but this doesn’t imply that you shouldn’t eat preceding your arrangement.
What is a Traditional Thai Stem Massage?
Thai Massage is one of the world’s most old-fashioned recuperating modalities. It originated over 2500 years ago and has a history in India and Ayurvedic medication. In the prior years, Buddhist Monks performed it in their sanctuaries as one of the components of native Thai medication.
In the present day, it’s frequently alluded to as Thai Yoga Massage. It’s like Yoga because of its stretching and reflexology with pressure point massage in rhythmical, smooth motions. The therapeutic oils and herbs used are combined with traditional massage techniques. Learn more about Thai Stem Massage or book an appointment at Soul2sole studio.