The use of breast massage has been around for years, with many swearing by its natural healing process. A growing number of studies are tied to massage benefits, some of which highlight the practicality and importance of self-massages. As a result, many wonder about how to massage breast techniques.
As well as satisfying joint and muscle torment, a breast massage can help your breast size and direct your milk supply. Sounds intriguing, right? Nevertheless, this article will outline how consistently self-massaging your breasts can provide many benefits with some techniques to consider. Let’s take a look!
How Does a Self Breast Massage Work?
Assuming you are new to breastfeeding, you will realize that moms might have many circumstances (like diabetes, polycystic ovarian disorder, absence of lactating hormones, and thyroid medical conditions) that can influence their milk creation.
Most women depend on self-massage techniques to expand their milk supply and mitigate muscle irritation. Be that as it may, doing it without anyone else’s help can be difficult. Massage experts can help outline strategies that benefit your breasts in many ways.
Regardless, below is a quick discussion of how a self-breast massage works and advances your body framework.
Improves Blood Flow
Female breasts have numerous basic designs engaged with the creation and emission of milk through the areolas. Self-massaging your breasts tenderly and rubbing the muscles around them can assist with enlarging the veins that supply the thick tissues. Hence, it prompts better blood flow throughout the area, giving you better breast health.
Most women enjoy having breasts they can flaunt and show off to others, whether it’s for themselves, a partner, or someone else. Ordinary self massages can assist with conditioning your breasts and give them a firm round shape. It’s a matter of keeping the breasts toned, keeping them in good shape for years to come.
Prevents Breast Cancer
Besides its positive impact on breast size, breast massages help early and avoid breast cancer. A quarter of women with breast cancer identified it themselves during a self-massage. Making a self-massage a piece of your everyday schedule can decrease possible breast cancer growth.
Oxytocin is a hormone that causes or reinforce contractions during labor and control bleeding after labor. Females have numerous erogenous points (a part sensitive to sexual stimulation) in their body that trigger oxytocin’s delivery when massaged tenderly. Breast self massages invigorate these focuses and lower feelings of anxiety by lifting oxytocin focus in the blood.
Other Benefits of Breast Massage
When discussing how to massage breast, much focus on how it works with the above examples. Regardless, below are a few expected benefits you can expect besides breast appearance and increased milk flow. Remember that many of these benefits are obtained through a proper self-massage, which we’ll discuss later.
A broad organization of lymph nodes is available inside your breast tissue. The lymphatic framework is liable for moving the unsafe substances to the outside of your body. Be that as it may, the lymphatic framework’s failure brings a slow development of waste fluid in the lymph nodes.
Breast massages are viable in directing the progression through the lymph nodes and assist with killing the entangled toxins. It’s a preferred option compared to treatment through medical procedures or compression.
The muscles around and under your breasts are called pectorals. Participating in proactive tasks or extending activities can prompt stress in these muscles. Breast massages loosen up these muscles and soothe the strain in your chest. As a result, it forestalls muscle irritation and relieves the pain.
Remember to stay consistent with the massage and not overdo it. Overworking the massage or pursuing it further may cause more harm in the long run. Only do what’s comfortable for you and consider reaching out to an expert for proper guidance on a self-massage.
How to Massage Breast for Increasing Size
Experts suggest fifteen minutes of a standard breast self-massage with almond oil to increase size. It will improve your breast appearance and forestall stretch marks during pregnancy. Having another person rub your breast might be awkward for you, making it ideal to do it yourself.
- Delicately put your hands on your breasts and spread your fingers around them.
- Massage inwards in a roundabout movement.
- Your right hand should move clockwise, and your left hand should move in the opposite direction.
- Keep in mind that each massage should keep going for several seconds with breaks in between to total 15 minutes or so.
How to Massage Breast for Tightening (Better Appearance)
Ice massage is a successful method for recapturing sagging breasts. The method utilizes a chilly temperature, causing the tissue to contract, thus causing the breasts to seem firmer.
- Take two ice blocks and move them in roundabout movements around your breasts.
- Use a towel to dry the breasts and quickly put on a fitting bra.
- Remain in a leaning-back position for 15-30 minutes.
- Do this at average spans over the day.
Using ice can have a temporary tightening effect on the skin. When applied correctly, it can stimulate circulation and give the breasts a firmer appearance.
Benefits of Using Ice for Breast Tightening
- Enhanced Firmness: The cold from the ice causes the tissues to contract, resulting in a temporary but noticeable firmness.
- Reduced Inflammation: Ice naturally reduces swelling and inflammation, which can be beneficial if there’s any discomfort.
- Improved Circulation: The cold can boost circulation as the body works to maintain its natural temperature.
Step-by-Step Guide to Breast Massage with Ice
- Preparing the Ice:
- Fill an ice tray and let it freeze. Once frozen, take a couple of ice cubes and wrap them in a soft cloth or towel.
- The Massage Technique:
- Begin by gently moving the wrapped ice cubes in circular motions around your breasts. Start from the outer area and move inward, avoiding direct contact with the nipples.
- Continue for about 5-10 minutes, taking short breaks if it feels too cold.
Tips and Precautions
- Avoid Direct Ice Contact: Never apply ice directly to the skin as it can cause frostbite. Always use a cloth as a barrier.
- Limit the Duration: Overexposure can lead to skin issues and numbness.
How to Massage Breast for Milk Supply
Breastfeeding mothers often face challenges related to milk supply. An effective way to support lactation and address supply issues is through breast massage. Massaging your breasts in a round movement and tapping them with your fingertips can upgrade the milk flow by unclogging milk ducts and improving circulation.
Steps For Effective Breast Milk Supply Massage
- Ensure that your hands are warm before you begin massaging your breasts. It will cause you to feel good.
- Circularly move your fingers around your areolas and work or roll your breasts with your clenched hands. It will assist with exhausting the milk tubes inside your breast tissue.
- At some point, tap your breasts delicately with your fingertips to benefit the overall milk supply.
- Put your finger at the foundation of your areola and crush your breast with your hand. It helps push the milk towards your areola. You can change your situation during breastfeeding as needed.
- You should adhere to hand use when utilizing a breast pump to exhaust your breasts completely.
Best Time for Breast Massage
Massaging your breasts during or just before feeding or pumping is beneficial. It can make the process easier and more efficient, ensuring your baby gets the nutrition they need.
How to Massage Breast During Pregnancy for Breastfeeding
You can do breast massaging for lactating very quickly. Lactating refers to giving milk from a breast after giving birth and sometimes during pregnancy. While a lactating massage might seem complicated initially, that couldn’t be contrary to reality.
- Warm your hands to help get the blood flowing. Use a heating pad or run them under hot water beforehand (ensure you dry them if you do).
- Apply olive, avocado, or coconut oil to the breast. If using lotion, make sure it’s a natural and organic lotion.
- Remember to be gentle throughout this entire process.
- Delicately massage the breast in circular motions. You can rub the region appropriately with level hands, clenched hands, and fingertips.
- Use your fingertips around the areola.
- Make the slow circular motions for 10 to 15 minutes, and feel for a warm sensation in the area.
What Not to Do with a Breast Self-Massage
The main rule of a self-breast massage is not to be aggressive or go on for too long. A session should only last 15 minutes or so. Be alert and stop if you feel pain or notice any issues. Reach out to an expert if you have any concerns.
Lastly, if you’ve recently had surgery, you may want to speak with your doctor to see if giving a self-massage is okay. You never know what issue you might encounter, so be patient throughout the entire experience. Remember, it’s supposed to benefit you, not hurt you.
- Be overly aggressive
- Use harmful lotions
- Overuse the massage
- Massage when you’re not supposed to (too soon after surgery or injury)
Which Oil is Good for Breast Massage?
Experts recommend using oil to enhance and benefit breast health and size. It’s vital to note that what oil you use will significantly impact this matter. Regardless, remember to contact an expert to see what option is best for you.
Everyone varies in their physicality, meaning what might work for you might not apply to someone else. Either way, below are the best oils for a good breast massage.
- Almond Oil
- Clove Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
Is a Breast Self Massage Okay For Everyone?
Generally speaking, a breast massage is okay for someone to do themselves. However, that ease isn’t always the case, especially with someone who has some medical issues. If you’re dealing with medical issues that affect the breast, talk with an expert for advice on the subject. You don’t want to do something that can have health consequences, even if it usually doesn’t have any issues.
Don’t do a breast self-massage if you:
- Have breast cancer.
- Recently had surgery around the breasts.
- Have significant pain or torment around breasts.
- Have injured hands.
Conclusion – How to Massage Breast Summary
We appreciate you taking the time to analyze our how-to massage breast guide. Consider contacting us for more information on giving a self-massage and its many benefits. We have 6 locations for Massage in Edmonton and 1 location in St. Albert